Holy Family Academy Alumni 1928-1955
Holy Family opened its doors for the first time in September, 1925, in the Clark residence at 115 West Eighth Street. The first students, six boys and forty-three girls, continued the commercial course they had begun at St. Mary's and graduated in June, 1926. Enrollment rapidly increased and soon the property at 109 and 119 West Eighth Street was acquired to meet the need. A four year program was initiated and the school, after being accredited, graduated its first four-year class in June 1929.
As the years passed, the faculty incorporated studies, activities, athletics and clubs to suit the individual tastes of the students. In 1949, the last coeducational class graduated from Holy Family. In 1954, the present building at 239 Avenue A was dedicated and shortly after the Marist Brothers began a school for young men in the Eighth Street buildings. Since 1954, building projects have expanded the Avenue A building.
This database contains the names and graduation year of Holy Family Academy Alumni from 1928-1955 and is the result of the work of Bill Miller who has given permission for The Hudson County Genealogical Society to post it on its web site for free access.
Browse Listing (Sorted by Alpha):