We're looking for new members
Near or far from Hudson County, stay connected to your roots with the Hudson County Genealogical & Historical Society. If you have ancestors in Hudson County, NJ or just a historical interest in the area, get involved with a community of members who share your interests.
The Hudson County Genealogical & Historical Society has many benefits accessible ONLY to members:
- Topical Special Interest Groups "SIGs" where members can get help from other members interested in the same topic as well as access research tools. As of 1/1/2014 our current SIGs are:
- Brickwall Busting
- German Research
- Irish Research
- Writing Your Family History
- and more to be added according to member interest!
- Hudson Roots, the quarterly HCGHS newsletter, delivered electronically
- The option to attend meetings, seminars and events conducted by the HCGHS (many meetings are also open to the general public)
- Event Extras: Downloadable handouts, PowerPoint presentations, audio .mp3 podcasts and more from our seminars and events (great for members that can't attend in person or just want a refresher)
- Live online chats held quarterly on member selected topics (archived transcripts also available). Some past and upcoming topics include:
- Researching at the NJ State Archives
- Breaking Through Brickwalls
- Courthouse Research
- Immigration Research
- An extensive list of surnames other members are researching and that you can add to at any time
- Online Member Directory - use it to contact other members with research interests similar to your own
- Minutes from all past meetings so you stay in touch
- Member-only databases
- First access* to special databases
- A private social network for the HCGHS where members near and far can collaborate, post photos, have their own blog and more.
Membership levels and dues for the year are:
- Individual = $25.00 per year
- Family (at one location) = $35.00 per year
Membership is for a full year, beginning on the date payment is received.
You will receive your member information shortly after your application has been processed and membership dues have been received. In addition to personal checks and cash, we now accept:
To join, please complete our online membership application