2016 Upcoming Events
November 17, 2016
Event:Brickwall Busting Online Chat (Members Only)
Time: 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm ET (UTC/GMT -5)
Location: HCGHS Member Website
December 10, 2016
Event:Catherine Medich presents "What's New at the New Jersey State Archives"
Time: 11:00 am - 1:00 pm ET (UTC/GMT -5)
Location: Secaucus Public Library
What’s New at NJ Archives focuses on things such as our website, what new vital records we have brought in, and newer microfilming projects.
About the Speaker:
Catherine Stearns Medich is a Reference Archivist at the New Jersey State Archives and has been at the State Archives for over 15 years. She assists researchers in utilizing the records at the Archives. She has created and given many presentations on the types of records held by the Archives. She has organized the Civil War collections and processed the New Jersey Militia records at the New Jersey State Archives. Currently, she is responsible for answering vital statistic requests received by the Archives. Ms. Medich holds a Masters in Art History and a Masters in Library Service from Rutgers University.
And a great lineup planned for 2017 including:
- January 14, 2017: Gerry Scharfenberger presents "Snake Hill/Potter's Field"
- February 11, 2017: Jim Madden presents "Hudson County in the Civil War"
- March 11, 2017: Catherine "Casey" Zahn presents "Researching Irish Roots"
- April 8, 2017: James Amemasor and Doug Oxenhouse, NJ State Historical Society present "What is available at the NJ State Historical Society"
- May 2017: NJ State History Fair – Date and place to be determined
- June 10, 2017: Jim Beidler presents "German Research Online"
- September 2017: Annual Field Trip – Date and place to be determined
- October 14, 2017: Cynthia Harris presents "Italian Research Trip Report"
- November 11, 2017: TBA
- December 9, 2017: Alan Dozier presents "Roman Catholic Sacramental Records"
Information on this page is subject to change without notice - come back often!